From December 1, 2021, phytosanitary certificates for goods are checked and issued through the “Single Window” information system at the checkpoints of cars across the state border of Uzbekistan. The stamping and registration of trade documents by phytosanitary authorities has been canceled. According to EastFruit experts, such simplifications represent the second stage in the implementation of advanced digital technologies while simplifying customs procedures.
To further increase the efficiency of the customs authorities through the introduction of advanced digital technologies in simplifying customs procedures, a Decree of the President of Uzbekistan “On simplifying customs procedures and further improving the organizational structure of the state customs service” was adopted in September 2021.
Since there are no reservations in the document regarding the application of its provisions to certain categories of goods, the stipulated provisions equally apply to fruit and vegetable products.
Under the document, out-of-category customs posts for remote electronic declaration are being created in Uzbekistan. From October 1, 2021, they are to be established in the departments of the State Customs Committee (SCC) in Tashkent, Syrdarya, Kashkadarya and Khorezm regions, and from April 1, 2022 – gradually in other territorial departments of the SCC.
Simplifying of customs procedures stipulated by the Decree and improving the activities of customs authorities are carried out in several stages.
- a) starting from October 1, 2021,customs posts of remote electronic declaration will carry out remote customs clearance of electronic cargo customs declarations submitted by participants in foreign economic activity;
- b) starting from December 1, 2021,at the checkpoints of cars across the State Border of Uzbekistan:
– the relevant documents for the goods of phytosanitary and veterinary authorities are checked and drawn up through the customs information system “Single Window” or information systems integrated with it;
– the stamping and registration of shipping documents by phytosanitary and veterinary authorities is canceled;
– the prepayment of all fees payable on the basis of a single invoice before vehicles enter the border point is being introduced.
- c) starting from January 1, 2022:
– after the customs authorities make a decision on the return of overpaid or collected customs payments, these funds are returned to the participants of foreign economic activity within three working days;
– the minimum period of deferral or installment payment of customs payments is 14 days, during which no interest is charged;
– the amount of additional accrued customs payments that are not subject to collection and return is set up to 20% of the base calculated value;
– the conditional release of goods is being introduced before the completion of the examination to determine the code of goods under the commodity nomenclature for foreign economic activity, appointed by the customs authority, with the provision of payment of customs duties;
– the possibility is created to provide a unified security to ensure the fulfillment of obligations to make customs payments to a participant in foreign economic activity within several customs operations;
– at the request of a participant in foreign economic activity, the customs authorities make a preliminary decision to determine the amount of customs payments payable on goods.
The use of the site materials is free if there is a direct and open for search engines hyperlink to a specific publication of the East-Fruit.com website.