Starting today, February 5, 2021, Rosselkhoznadzor will lift restrictions on the supply of tomatoes to Russia from 12 more companies from the Republic of Azerbaijan.
“In order to remove the current restrictions on the supply of plant products, Rosselkhoznadzor together with the Food Safety Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan conducted video inspections of Azerbaijani enterprises for the absence of contamination by the tomato moth (Tuta absoluta Povolny),” reported the Rosselkhoznadzor press service.
In connection with the negative results of the quarantine phytosanitary examination of the samples that were selected as a result of video inspections conducted from January 14 to 29, Rosselkhoznadzor, under the guarantees of the Food Safety Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan, allowed the following companies to export tomatoes:
- AMORIS LLC (Lenkoran region, village Kharkhatan);
- ALZA HOLDİNQ-1 LLC (Baku city, Nasimi region);
- BVB Peasant Farm LLC (Sabirabad region, Kurkendi village);
- H AND M AGRO LLC (Baku city, Yasamal region);
- Aqroinnova LLC (Baku city, Nasimi district);
- ARGO LLC (Baku city, Yasamal district);
- AGRO-LAND-AZ LLC (Khazar district, Mardakan settlement);
- A-ALYANS LLC (Baku city, Narimanov district);
- Guliyev Bashir Shain (Baku city, Nasimi district);
- PARADISE AGRO LLC (Absheron district, Hovsan settlement);
- T TOMATOES LLC (Khazar district, Zira settlement);
- Kurdamir Agro LLC (Kurdamir district, the city of Kurdamir).
The ban on the supply of tomatoes and apples to Russia from the Republic of Azerbaijan came into effect on December 10, 2020, after repeated detection of the South American tomato moth (Tuta absoluta) and the eastern moth (Grapholita molesta) in consignments of products supplied to Russia.
Back on December 17, 2020, Rosselkhoznadzor allowed the supply of tomatoes from 4 enterprises in Azerbaijan. A few days later, 3 more companies received permission to export apples to Russia on December 21, 2020. At the start of the new year, 15 companies in Azerbaijan were added to the list of possible tomato suppliers on January 1, 2021, and on January 25, 2021, restrictions on the supply of tomatoes and apples were lifted from 13 more companies of the Republic.
The use of the site materials is free if there is a direct and open for search engines hyperlink to a specific publication of the East-Fruit.com website.