In the period from January to September 2020, a record amount (665 tons) of blueberries, bilberries, cranberries, and other berries of the Vaccinium family were exported in Georgia for the first time in three years. The BM.GE portal reports, citing data from the Georgian National Statistics Service (Geostat), that the country received an income of $ 3.8 million – an increase of 295.8% compared to the same indicator last year.
According to Geostat, exports of blueberries, bilberries, cranberries, and other berries of the Vaccinium family have been growing every year since 2018. The value of exported products in the period from January to September 2019 amounted to $ 960.1 thousand, which is 117.5% ($ 441.3 thousand) higher than exports in the same period of 2018. In the period from January to September 2020, export growth was 295.8% ($ 3.8 million).
The primary market for berries exported from Georgia in the period 2018-2020 was Russia. However, small volumes of products were exported to other countries as well.
Export market of berries for the 3rd quarter of 2020:
- Russia – $ 3.6 million, an increase of 340.7% (2019 – $ 816.8 thousand);
- UAE – $ 57.5 thousand, a decrease of 41.0% (2019 – $ 97.5 thousand);
- Poland – $ 54.0 thousand (no export was carried out in previous years);
- Armenia – $ 50.1 thousand, an increase of 189.1% (2019 – $ 19.4 thousand);
- Ukraine – $ 23.1 thousand (no export was carried out in previous years);
- Qatar – $ 16.8 thousand, an increase of 17.5% (2019 – $ 14.3 thousand).
TOP-10 companies that have exported Georgian berries this year:
LLC “Lurji Veli” (“Blue Valley” LTD); JSC “GeoFresh”; LLC “Fruit House”; LLC “Vako 2017”; LLC “Agroexport Georgia”; LLC “Agrolein”; “Efko” LTD; “Blueberry” LTD, and LLC “Chateau in Hori”.
The use of the site materials is free if there is a direct and open for search engines hyperlink to a specific publication of the East-Fruit.com website.